Another great recipe that is perfect for this time of year. Create that master chef experience with a delicious and sophisticated meal that is surprisingly easy to make when you follow along with Amy.
CAST IRON CHICKEN THIGHS WITH VIN MERLOT AND BABY BELLA MUSHROOMS serves 4
- 8 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin on, remove excess fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cups thick sliced baby bella Mushrooms
- ½ cup peeled cloves garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Vin(zero) Merlot wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup beef stock
- ¼ cup fresh torn flat parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Preheat 2 9-inch cast Iron pans to medium heat for about 2 (or use one pan and work in batches) add olive oil.
- Sear the chicken thighs until browned on both sides. About 10 minutes per side
- Remove browned thighs to a plate. Pour excess fat into a small bowl to dispose of when cooled. Add the onion, mushrooms and garlic cloves to cast iron pan and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Scraping up brown bits as you cook.
- Place chicken thighs, skin side down back into pan Add the wine, both stocks, and parsley.
Bake 20 minutes at 350 uncovered, turn chicken skin side up and bake the remaining 25 minutes uncovered. Serve with thick egg noodles or smashed rutabaga.
Pour yourself a glass of Vin Merlot relax, enjoy and let someone else do the dishes.