Make Mother's Day Extra Special By Gifting Her A Non-Alcoholic Spirit/Wine Bottle
Mothers are special, and we owe a lot to them. While you do get a chance to show your love for them on their birthday, there’s nothing quite like a Mother’s Day celebration to make them feel special. This occasion, which usually comes once a year, gives us a chance to shower our moms with love, gifts, and maybe even some drinks! But gifting an alcoholic beverage is not always an option for many people. Maybe your mother had stopped drinking for health reasons, and would still love to enjoy the taste of wine or her favorite cocktail once in a while. For such instances, non-alcoholic spirits and wines would make the perfect Mother’s Day gift. If you’re wondering how you can make your Mother's Day special with non-alcoholic drinks this year, read on!
Mother’s Day And Gifting Ideas
Mother’s day is celebrated in most countries around the world, although a little differently. Here are some of the popular celebration and gifting traditions in different parts of the world –
- France: In this country, Mother’s Day is celebrated on December 19 every year, since the 1920s. The most common Mother’s Day gifting tradition in this country is a bouquet-shaped cake, besides flowers, perfumes, candles, and cards.
- Argentina: In this country, it is customary to shower mothers with special gestures, poems dinners, and more. It is also a day when mothers are given a break from their numerous responsibilities.
- India: Celebrated on May 10, Mother’s Day in India is usually celebrated by gifting mothers with prepared meals, flowers, cards, etc.
- Mexico: May 10 is also the day when Mexico celebrates Mother’s Day. The celebrations usually start with a song that is sung in the morning. This is followed by a prepared brunch or breakfast for the mother. Mothers are also given chocolates, flowers, sentimental cards, and more as gifts.
As you can see, gifting traditions are somewhat similar in most countries. At the end of the day, it’s about giving your mothers what they love, even if it is a phone call.
What Should You Consider For Your Mother’s Day Gifts
On this special day dedicated to your mothers, you would want to do everything you can to make her feel loved and appreciated. So, naturally, you’d put a lot of thought into the gift too. Here are some things you can consider for your Mother’s Day gifts –
- Handwritten note: There’s nothing quite like a handwritten note telling your mother how much she means to you. Sometimes, the simplest gifts are the most precious.
- Bouquet: You can also include a bouquet with a handwritten note. A bouquet of her favorite flowers will keep her home smelling fresh, and remind her of you every time she looks at them.
- Wine/Spirits: If you’re going to make a classy package of Mother’s Day gifts, why not include some drinks in the mix too? If your mother had stopped drinking alcoholic drinks for whatever reason, you can still gift her non-alcoholic variations of wines and spirits that she loves. These drinks taste exactly like their alcoholic counterparts, without the alcohol. Maybe a beautiful bottle of Wander + Found Rosé or an Italian aperitivos like The Spirit of Milano.
Besides making a package of her favorite things, you could also take her out for a treat or arrange a movie night for her.
Why Non-Alcoholic Drinks Are a Great Solution!
Here’s why non-alcoholic drinks make an excellent Mother’s Day gift –
- NA wines and spirits are sophisticated: If you look at the bottle of The Spirit of Milano we mentioned in the previous section, you’ll see how beautiful and sophisticated it looks. Most non-alcoholic beverages are made using the same techniques as their alcoholic counterparts, so there is no compromise in terms of flavor, depth, and class.
- Relaxing effect: There’s something about pouring a glass of wine that immediately relaxes a person. And what’s better is that there are no side effects of a lingering hangover after drinking non-alcoholic beverages.
- Delicious tasting: Alcohol-free wines and spirits are just as delicious as their alcoholic counterparts. If we’re repeating this point again and again, it probably needs repeating. This is because there is a common misconception that NA wines and spirits would taste ‘artificial’. Try it out yourself, and you’ll experience the same taste and complexity that is found in alcoholic beverages.
- Healthy: The most important reason is that NA wines offer all the health benefits of red and white wines, without the intoxicating effects of alcohol. Read more about the health benefits of NA drinks in the following section.
Benefits Of Non-Alcoholic Drinks Over Alcoholic Drinks
1. Weight loss: Non-alcoholic drinks are a godsend for those who are on their weight loss journey. With these drinks, you get the same taste and experience as regular alcohol, without the added calories, sugars, and carbs. Unlike alcohol, NA beverages do not cause you to eat more, which allows you to better manage your weight.
2. Deep sleep: Alcohol can disrupt your sleep patterns by affecting your central nervous system functions. Initially, you might feel drowsy, but as your liver metabolizes alcohol, it can cause the blood pressure and heart rate to increase. Shifting to NA drinks will help in promoting deep and restful sleep.
3. Balanced mood: Alcohol is known to act as a depressant, which can lead to anxiety, depression, and a range of other mental health disorders. Shifting to non-alcoholic beverages will help you stabilize your serotonin levels, and prevent any drastic shifts in mood.
Besides this, non-alcoholic drinks also boost your immune system and enhance liver function, helping you and your loved ones lead healthier lives.
Great Non-Alcoholic Spirit Suggestions For You
- Zeero Sangiovese
- Wander + Found Cuvée Blanc
- Wander + Found Pinot Noir
- Noughty Dealcoholized Sparkling Rosé
Other Non-Alcoholic Spirit Choices
- Free Spirits The Spirit of Tequila
- Clean R – Spiced Rum Alternative
- Three Spirits - Social Elixir
With these great ideas for non-alcoholic drink gifts, you can make your Mother’s Day celebration even more special. More than any of the material gifts, your mother will certainly be touched by the consideration for her health that gifting a non-alcoholic drink would represent. Come take a look at more options on the Better Rhodes marketplace, and choose a Mother's Day celebration drink yourself.