Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. And you know what that means. Couples around the world will be sharing and remembering their love for one another, maybe in the form of love poems, chocolates, flowers, or even wine. But who says these things cannot be enjoyed by those who are single too?
This is your chance to make your Valentine's Day memorable, and non-alcoholic rosé wines are here to help you forget why you’re single. What’s better is that these delectable wines can be enjoyed anywhere and anytime, as there is little to no alcohol content in them.
Let’s explore the world of non-alcoholic wines and what makes them special for Valentine's Day.
1. What Is Non-Alcoholic Wine?
With more and more people planning to go alcohol-free, non-alcoholic wines have become a popular drink of choice. Non-alcoholic wine, as its name suggests, is a type of wine that contains little to no (less than 0.5%) alcohol content. Just look through the non-alcoholic wine options on the Better Rhodes marketplace, and you will find many non-alcoholic wine brands. These manufacturers have made it easier to enjoy the health benefits of wines without the disadvantages of alcohol consumption.
Non-alcoholic wines are made using the same processes as normal wines, starting from the fermentation of the grapes to the process of aging to improve their flavor, balance, and textures. The only difference is the de-alcoholization process, in which the alcohol content is separated from the wine. What is left behind is a non-alcoholic wine with vibrant aromatics and great complexity.
2. Why Take Non-Alcoholic Wine Options Over Alcoholic Wines?
There’s a definite shift toward non-alcoholic wine culture, and it’s understandable why. While wine is touted to have some health benefits, the alcohol content in regular wines has the opposite effect. In fact, alcohol is known to be a causal factor in more than 60 medical conditions, like –
- Liver cirrhosis
- High blood pressure
Here are some reasons that make non-alcoholic wine better –
- Great taste: When you switch from alcoholic to non-alcoholic wines, you’ll find that it offers the same great taste. This is because NA wines start out the same way, so the complexity of flavors is maintained.
- Healthy choice: Non-alcoholic wines contain all the health benefits of regular wines without alcohol. They are also lesser in calories as compared to their alcoholic counterparts.
- No bad decisions: Since alcohol works in lowering your inhibitions, it can lead to bad decisions. With non-alcoholic wines, you can enjoy a relaxing and wonderful Valentine’s Day.
- Alcohol-free wine doesn’t lead to dehydration and allows you to sleep better.
3. Why Consider Non-Alcoholic Wine Options During Valentine’s Day?
Whether you’re kicking back solo, celebrating Galentine’s Day, or taking yourself out for a movie and takeout date, a good non-alcoholic wine can be your partner this Valentine's Day. This is a great option for those who are planning to cut down on alcohol or refrain from it altogether. And when Valentine’s Day falls on a weekday, you can choose non-alcoholic wines so as to not suffer the consequences of a hangover the next day.
4. Valentine's Date Options And Pairing Non-Alcoholic Spirits
So, you’ve decided to treat yourself to a Singles' Valentine’s Day, and want to celebrate the occasion without the addition of booze. With so many options for non-alcoholic spirits out there, you can make a drink or cocktail alternative of your choice.
Non-alcoholic cocktails can be just as flavorful as their alcoholic counterparts if you know the right way to make them. Here are some of our recommendations -
1. Free Spirits The Spirit of Milano: If you want to open up your palate before getting to the meal, this is a great apéritif to get you started. The Spirit of Milano offers notes of cinnamon, citrus, and clove, and it also comes with amino acids and vitamin B, which help in elevating your mood.
2. Free Spirits Trio: This trio from Free Spirits comes with tequila, gin, and bourbon alternatives, all of which can be used to make a variety of cocktails for your Valentine's Day celebration.
3. Sir. James 101 Cocktails: Looking for ready-to-drink non-alcoholic cocktails? Choose Sir James 101 Pink Gin Tonic or Sir James 101 Mojito Tonic, which make a perfect accompaniment to your singles’ Valentine's Day activities.
5. Some Tips For Your Valentine's Day Celebrations
- Movie marathon party: If you’re dreading the thought of celebrating Valentine's Day by yourself, why not invite some friends over for a movie marathon party? Planning this event would be relatively easy too. All you need is a projector, some film selections, dim lights, snacks, and a great non-alcoholic beverage.
- Organize a picnic with your friends: February can be a wonderful time for a picnic and what better way to celebrate Valentine's Day with your friends and family? You can add some non-alcoholic drinks and wines to the picnic basket, and ensure that this Valentine's Day turns out to be a memorable one.
- Spend quality time with yourself: Valentine's Day is a great time to treat yourself. Take yourself out for a dinner, or just wind down and relax at home with a nice glass of non-alcoholic rosé.
6. Food Pairing And Cooking Ideas For Your Valentine
Wondering how you can pair non-alcoholic wines with food? Here are some tips –
- Lighter Wine – Lighter Food: If you’re planning to drink a NA rosé or white wine, you can cook lighter dishes like chicken salad, grilled chicken, white fish, shellfish, etc. The citrus-y notes of light wines will complement the light food better.
- Sweet Wine – Spicy Food: If you’re in the mood to have something spicy, it will go very well with sweeter wines.
- Rich Wine – Heartier Food: The drinks that go best with hearty foods like pork chops, red meat, and grilled tuna are richer wines. Choose a good red or rosé that is able to stand up to the bigger flavors.
7. Confused About What To Buy?
Here Are Some Great Non-Alcoholic Rose Wine Suggestions
- Wander + Found Rosé: This refreshing rosé comes with great depth and texture, and a surprisingly long finish. It contains only 18 calories and about 4g of sugar.
- Noughty Dealcoholized Sparkling Rosé: This is another great option for a rosé, which comes from the Sandy and Calcareous vineyards of Spain. Made with 100% Tempranillo grapes, this wine only has 25 calories and 8g of sugar per serving.
- Better Wine Variety: This is a curated collection from Better Rhodes, which contains the finest collection of whites, reds, and rosés you’ll find in the market today.
Looking For Something Different? Here Are Some Other Non-Alcoholic Drink Recommendations
- Zeero Sangiovese
- Wander + Found Pinot Noir
- Free Spirits The Spirit of Tequila
- Free Spirits The Spirit of Gin
- Sir James 101 Mojito
- Sir James 101 Bitter Aperitif Spritz
- Big Drop Brewing Pine Trail Pale
8. Some Thoughts To Depart
Whether you’re planning to spend Valentine’s Day by yourself, with your friends, or with your significant other, you can enjoy delicious drinks with these non-alcoholic beverage options. The best thing about non-alcoholic wines and spirits is that they’re perfect for everyone. Looking for something else? Explore the wide variety of non-alcoholic options on the Better Rhodes marketplace yourself!