Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. And you know what that means. Couples around the world will be sharing and remembering their love for one another, maybe in the form of love poems, chocolates, flowers, and... drinking. But what to do if you've sworn off the sauce? Social settings and celebrations can be the hardest part of abstaining from alcohol. Here are some tips to get you through.
This is your chance to make your Valentine's Day memorable, with non-alcoholic options to help you through. We'll be focussing primarily on wines
Why Take NA Options Over Traditional Alcoholic?
In case you need a reminder, there’s a definite shift toward non-alcoholic culture, and it’s understandable why. When it comes to wine at least, traditional wine is touted to have some health benefits, but the alcohol content in regular wines has the opposite effect. In fact, alcohol is known to be a causal factor in more than 60 medical conditions, like –
- Liver cirrhosis
- High blood pressure
Here are some reasons that make going NA better –
- Great taste: Big strides have been made in NA beverages, and now they taste authentic to their "real" counterparts. There's something for every palate!
- Healthy choice: Non-alcoholic wines contain all the health benefits of traditional wines, just without alcohol. They are also lesser in calories as compared to their alcoholic counterparts.
- No bad decisions: Since alcohol works in lowering your inhibitions, it can lead to bad decisions. With non-alcoholic wines, you can enjoy a relaxing and wonderful Valentine’s Day.
- Alcohol-free wine doesn’t lead to dehydration and allows you to sleep better.
Consider Non-Alcoholic Wine Options During Valentine’s Day
Whether you’re kicking back solo, celebrating Galentine’s Day, or taking yourself out for a movie and takeout date, a good non-alcoholic wine can be your partner this Valentine's Day. This is a great option for those who are planning to cut down on alcohol or refrain from it altogether. And when Valentine’s Day falls on a weekday, you can choose non-alcoholic wines so as to not suffer the consequences of a hangover the next day.
Valentine's Date Options And Pairing Non-Alcoholic Sips
So, you’ve decided to celebrate' Valentine’s Day, however that looks for you, and want to celebrate the occasion without the addition of booze. With so many options for non-alcoholic sips out there, you can make a special cocktail alternative of your choice.
Non-alcoholic cocktails can be just as flavorful as their alcoholic counterparts if you know the right way to make them. Here are some of our recommendations -
- Sir. James 101 Cocktails: Looking for ready-to-drink non-alcoholic cocktails? No work required, just pop and pour over ice. Choose Sir James 101 Pink Gin Tonic or Sir James 101 Mojito , which make a perfect accompaniment to your Valentine's Day activities.
- If you want to stretch your mixology skills, choose from a range of NA/AF Spirits. You can mix up your favorite flavors and experience without adding the booze. Remember, when making cocktails with NA/AF Spirits, up the ratio of Spirit to Mixer, so you get the best blend of flavor!
Some Tips + Tricks to make it through Valentine's Day Celebrations
If its too early for you to try attending a traditional party where your friends will be drinking, or even a date where your other will be imbibing, not to fear - try some of these alternatives.
- Movie marathon party: If you’re dreading the thought of celebrating Valentine's Day, why not invite some friends over for a movie marathon party? Planning this event would be relatively easy too. All you need is a comfy couch, some film selections, dim lights, snacks, and a great non-alcoholic beverage.
- Organize a picnic with your friends: February can be a wonderful time for a picnic and what better way to celebrate Valentine's Day with your friends and family? You can add some non-alcoholic drinks and wines to the picnic basket, and ensure that this Valentine's Day turns out to be a memorable one.
- Spend quality time with yourself: Valentine's Day is a great time to treat yourself. Take yourself out for a dinner, or just wind down and relax at home with a nice glass of non-alcoholic rosé.
Some (mostly obvious) Food Pairing Ideas For Your Celebration
Wondering how you can pair non-alcoholic wines with food? Here are some tips –
- Lighter Wine – Lighter Food: If you’re planning to drink a NA rosé or white wine, you can cook lighter dishes like chicken salad, grilled chicken, white fish, shellfish, etc. The citrus-y notes of light wines will complement the light food better.
- Sweet Wine – Spicy Food: If you’re in the mood to have something spicy, it will go very well with sweeter wines.
- Rich Wine – Heartier Food: The drinks that go best with hearty foods like pork chops, red meat, and grilled tuna are richer wines. Choose a good red or rosé that is able to stand up to the bigger flavors.
Confused About What To Buy?
Here Are Some Great Non-Alcoholic Wine Suggestions
- Wander + Found Rosé: This refreshing rosé comes with great depth and texture, and a surprisingly long finish. It contains only 18 calories and about 4g of sugar.
- Giesen Sparkling Brut. This alcohol-removed New Zealand sparkling wine offers a sophisticated and refreshing alternative to traditional sparkling wines – without compromising on taste or quality.
- Better Wine Variety: This is a curated collection from Better Rhodes, which contains the finest collection of whites, reds, and rosés you’ll find in the market today.
Whether you’re planning to spend Valentine’s Day by yourself, with your friends, or with your significant other, you can enjoy delicious and healthy drinks with non-alcoholic beverage options. The best thing about non-alcoholic wines and spirits is that they’re perfect for everyone. Looking for something else? Explore the wide variety of non-alcoholic options on the Better Rhodes marketplace yourself!